How to Register as a Health Professional Volunteer

March 27, 2020 by Mandy Qualls

Filed under COVID-19 for Employers, COVID-19 for the Workforce, For Employers, For the Workforce, Volunteer

Last modified March 30, 2020

This registration system is brought to you by the Emergency System for Advance Registration of Volunteer Health Professionals (ESAR-VHP) and the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. Volunteer registration differs from state to state. Some of the licensed and credentialed health professionals include:

  • Advanced practice registered nurses (nurse practitioners, certified nurse anesthetists, certified nurse midwives, clinical nurses specialists)
  • Behavioral health professionals (marriage and family therapists, clinical social workers, psychologists, and mental health counselors)
  • Cardiovascular technologist and technicians
  • Dentists
  • Diagnostic medical sonographers
  • Emergency medical technicians (EMTs) and paramedics
  • Licensed practical nurses and licensed vocational nurses
  • Medical and clinical laboratory technicians (includes phlebotomists)
  • Medical and clinical laboratory technologists
  • Medical records and health information technologists
  • Pharmacists
  • Physicians
  • Physician assistants
  • Radiologic technologists and technicians
  • Registered nurses
  • Respiratory therapists
  • Veterinarians
Share this

Related Articles

                          Leave a Comment